CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Feeling Very Thankful

So, tonight I am feeling very thankful. I just read our church prayer chain and there was a prayer request that I can't stop thinking about. Right now down at Riley's: a 15 year old boy is on a ventilator with a life threatening infection after a routine appendectomy. His chances for survival are very slim. I can't imagine how his parents are feeling, coping, or even functioning.
When Mason was born, we were devastated and scared. My first initial thought was...why me? The past month or so now my feeling has turned into.....thank god it's me! What an amazing boy I have. (Actually 1 of 2 amazing boys) Each day he surprises me! He has such a personality at just 8 weeks old! He may not be what people think of as "normal" but he is such a blessing and I am so grateful to how he has opened my eyes up to a whole new world. Hopefully, I will be able to share that world with people I meet throughout my life.

I am also extremely grateful for my "Sunny Supporters." You know who you are!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin that little Sunny Boy! He's a precious jewel and will certainly have a very special place in all of our lives!

Tyler is standing here and says "hi" to Mason!

Anonymous said...

Megan--I just a link to your blog on my blog. Mason is a beautiful boy! I noticed on your blog that you have a "Bowling for Mason" countdown clock and I was wondering if you're doing a bowl-a-thon? I'm thinking of doing one this fall and I haven't a clue what I'm doing. If you're doing one, I'd was wondering if you could give me some advice? You can email me at baysmom3 at yahoo dot com. Thanks, and I'll be stopping by often! Christy, mom to Baylee

mommy to an angel said...

little Sunny has brought sunshine into all of our lives and we are so thankful that he is a part of our lives and we love him to pieces.

heidi @ ggip said...

Your Mason is such a sweet boy and I'm sure he will bless you and challenge you too. We are at about the same place in our journey (we're a few months ahead of you) but we did know ahead of time that something was up, so in some ways I feel grateful for that.

There are all kinds of troubles in the world, and all kinds of joys. :) Have a great weekend.

Misty said...

you do have two very precious little men to be thankful for.... a very beautiful family for sure!

many thoughts for the 15 year old and his family...

Rhonda said...

Megan,

You're a quick study. You have already learned in 2 months what it takes some people years to learn. Mason and Reece are very lucky to have you for their mommy.